Fall Protection and Prevention Competent Person Training-10/11/17
Event Start Date: 10/11/2017 8:00 AM
Event End Date: 10/12/2017 4:30 PM
Sign Up To This Event
There are currently 12 spaces left.
Cost per place: $295.00
This event can only be signed up for between 7/13/2017 12:00 AM - 10/6/2017 11:59 PM
This course is designed to ensure competency of individuals who will be working with fall protection systems. This comprehensive two-day course will cover OSHA regulations, ANSI standards, and best management practices for those working at height. Personal Fall Protection Systems (PFPS) will be a focus, as will Walking-Working Surfaces, Ladders, Aerials Lifts, Scaffolds, and other related areas. In addition, a specific focus will be on OSHA’s updated regulations and requirements for Walking-Working Surfaces and Working at Height:
- Effective January 17, 2017 all employers are required to have specific inspections of their Walking-Working Surfaces.
- Effective January 17, 2017 scaffolds used in General Industry now have to have the same requirements as the Construction Industry.
- Effective January 17, 2017 all dock boards and bridge plates have updated safety requirements that are mandatory.
- Effective May 17 2017 all employers who have employees exposed to fall hazards in their workplace must ensure they have received updated training to recognize fall hazards, minimize the hazards, and correctly use PFPS (personal fall protection systems).
- Effective November 17, 2017 Rope Decent Systems will have new requirements.
- Effective November 17, 2018 Ladders will have new requirements.
- Effective November 17, 2036 all cages used as a primary source for Fall Protection means must be phased out, using additional methods as the primary source, or new methods with the cage removed.