Learn how to transform a factory into a place where information concerning product quality, productivity, schedule and safety are visually accessible at any given moment. Participants learn the 5S methodology to implement specific, easy-to-access visual systems to enhance communications and productivity.
- 5S definition and "how-to" for each S
- Include the “Sixth S”, Safety, as needed
- Benefits of 5 S
- Workplace scan and how to integrate with the layered audit system
- Red tag strategy for areas and the entire facility
- Visual controls
4 hours- Facilitator Training/5S Strategy Deployment
Learn how to create a 5S strategic plan to ensure a total transformation of the facility. Participants will learn the kaizen implementation methodology, how to facilitate a 5S event, and how to maintain momentum for a successful 5S system.
- 5S Strategy Development and Deployment
- 5S Core Team
- Methods to spread 5S culture
- Overview of kaizen
- Preparing for a kaizen event
- Forms and tools for quickly collecting and analyzing data
- Estimating the impact of the event and Final Reports
This class features a hands-on simulated factory where participants will experience the benefits of workplace organization by applying the lecture concepts and measuring the impact.