$395 per person
This course provides instructor(s), instructional materials, hands-on training aids, exams, certificates of completion, and appropriate regulatory documentation to conduct a two-hour Asbestos Awareness and 14-hour Operations and Maintenance (16 hours total) training course. The course and qualified instructor(s) will be in accordance with EPA and AHERA guidelines as described in the model accreditation plan 40 CFR 763.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand different types of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM).
- Understand the operations and maintenance of ACM.
- Identify methods of maintaining ACM in place.
- Identify strategies and hands-on exercises for repairing small scale ACM that may be disturbed or damaged within your facility as an alternative to large scale abatement.
- Asbestos Background
- Types of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM)
- ACM in building materials
- Safety Guidelines for avoiding exposure to ACM
- Safe Techniques for operations and maintenance of ACM
- Hands-on activities for small scale repair and removal of ACM to include glove bag of pipe insulation and floor tile.