Belt/Chain Drive Systems
Provides fundamentals and practical application of belt and chain drive systems. Topics include types of belts and chains, how they are used, sizes, and terminology. This course covers proper installation, inspection, and failure diagnosis. The course also introduces taper-locks and quick disassembly bushings and the proper usage.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Select and properly install sheaves and belts, chains and sprockets properly aligning them with the appropriate tension.
- Check for issues that may impeded proper alignment and/or operation of the equipment.
- Use special tools for the selection, tensioning, alignment and preventive maintenance inspection of belt and chain drive systems.
- Diagnose failure modes of belt and chain drive systems.
- Introduction to Belt and Chain Drives
- Belt and Sheave, Sprocket and Chain Installation
- Shaft Alignment
- Proper Belt and Chain Tensioning
- Speed, Torque, and drive Ratios
- Inspection and Preventive Maintenance
- Quick Disassembly Bushings and Taper-lock bushings