Control of Hazardous Energies – Lockout/Tagout
This course, which includes both classroom training and hands-on exercises, focuses on the regulatory requirements of controlling hazardous energies and protecting employees as they work with hazardous energies, as outline in the requirements of OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.147.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand regulatory requirements.
- Understand hazardous energies and the importance of controlling them.
- Understand lockout device requirements and energy control procedures.
- Complete required inspections of the equipment and written program.
- Understand removal requirements.
- Understand the proper use of tags.
- Safely test or position equipment using energy control measures.
- Work with other personnel, such as shift changes, and contractors for safe energy control procedures.
- Introduction: Scope, Application, and Purpose
- Definitions and Technical Information
- Energy Types
- Lockout Devices
- Lockout Device Requirements
- Energy Control Procedures
- Required Inspections
- Training Requirements
- Removal Procedures
- Proper Use of Tags
- Testing or Positioning of Equipment
- Shift Change Protocols
- Working with Contractors
- Hands-On Activities