Provides a basic study of electricity, starting with electron theory and going thru single-phase connections. This course is intended as a starting point covering the fundamentals of electricity and the use of a multimeter. The course involves multiple labs dealing with but not limited to the following: Series and parallel circuits, switches and relays, current, voltage, resistance measurements, and amp clamp use.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Use a multimeter to measure: Resistance, Voltage, Current, and Continuity.
- Understand the basic, fundamental rules of electricity in dealing with parallel and series circuits.
- Begin developing an understand of what electricity is and how it reacts to different circuit conditions.
- Electrical safety.
- Different careers as you develop knowledge of electricity
- Electrical Fundamentals
- Electrical Measurements
- Series Circuits
- Parallel Circuits
- Introduction to AC circuits