Electrical Motor Controls
While mainly a hands-on course with the participants wiring common motor control circuits; the lectures cover differences in construction, overcurrent protection schemes, and installation techniques. Topics include motor control symbols, motor control diagrams, magnetic motor starters, overload protection, start-stop control, jogging control, and variable frequency drives (VFD). The participants will learn to understand, wire, and troubleshoot using motor control prints.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the operation of motor control circuits.
- Interpret motor control diagrams
- Wiring basic to complex control circuits.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshoot techniques.
- Motor Control Devices
- Electrical Diagrams
- Basic Motor Controls
- Reversing Three-Phase Motors
- Electromechanical Relays
- Photoelectric and Proximity Switches
- Time Delay
- Methods of Motor Control and Drives
- Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Troubleshooting Controls