Electrical Motor Controls
While mainly a hands-on class with the students wiring common motor control circuits; the lectures cover differences in construction, overcurrent protection schemes, and installation techniques. Topics include motor control symbols, motor control diagrams, magnetic motor starters, overload protection, start-stop control, jogging control and variable frequency drives (VFD).
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the operation of motor control circuits.
- Interpret motor control diagrams
- Wiring basic to complex control circuits.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshoot techniques.
- Motor Control Devices
- Electrical Diagrams
- Basic Motor Controls
- Reversing Three-Phase Motors
- Electromechanical Relays
- Photoelectric and Proximity Switches
- Time Delay
- Methods of Motor Control and Drives
- Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Troubleshooting Controls