Environmental Regulations Overview
Provides the participant with an overview of environmental regulations and permitting requirements, including obtaining permits, compliance, reporting, and training. Topics include air emissions, NPDES/Water discharges, RCRA (hazardous and universal waste), CERCLA, and EPCRA reporting (Tier II and Form R).
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand environmental regulations and identify sources for researching specific topics.
- Understand permitting requirements.
- Understand requirements and deadlines for various regulatory reporting.
- Understand sources of emissions and control devices.
- Understand requirements for and manage proper storage for wastes.
- Understand generator status for waste generators.
- Air Regulations Review
- Types of Emissions
- Permit Compliance/Inspections/Compliance Plans
- Control Devices
- Water Regulations Review
- Permitting—General vs. Individual
- Sampling Concerns/Analytes
- Best Management Practices Plans
- Waste Handling
- Regulatory Background
- Hazardous Waste Generator Status
- Storage, Labeling and Time Limitations
- Reporting Requirements
- Oil Protection Act/SPCC plans
- Plan Development
- CERCLA Reporting
- Tier 2
- Form R