$150 per person
This course includes classroom training to understand the various aspects of ergonomics and workshop activities to discover ways to apply knowledge to the workplace. Focus is on awareness of ergonomic tasks, hazards, safe workplace design methods, and techniques to perform proper ergonomic assessments.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand legal requirements such as OSHA regulations and ANSI standards.
- Understand the characteristics that define both confined spaces and permit required confined spaces.
- Understand atmospheric and physical hazards associated with confined spaces.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities for the confined space team.
- Understand the permitting system and properly complete a permit for Permit Confined Spaces.
- Understand various equipment associated with confined space entry.
- Recognize emergency situations and how to safely respond.
- Understand various techniques required for rescue based on the specific characteristics of the confined space.
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
- Workplace Design
- Manual Materials Handling
- Environmental Conditions
- Human Error
- Introduction to Rapid Entire Body Assessment (REBA)
- Workshop Activities