Fall Protection & Walking, Working Surfaces
$150 per person
This course includes classroom & hands-on training. The focus of this course is on requirements such as OSHA Standards and ANSI regulations, personal fall protection systems, inspection of equipment, fall prevention methods, rescue techniques, working in aerial equipment, walking and working surfaces in various workplaces, ladders and stairs, and various other working from height topics.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand legal requirements such as OSHA regulations and ANSI standards.
- Understand the characteristics of Personal Fall Protection Systems (PFPS).
- Understand how to properly inspect equipment.
- Understand how to properly “fit” a harness.
- Understand the hazards associated with working from height and falls.
- Recognize emergency situations and how to safely respond.
- Understand various techniques required for rescue based on the specific characteristics of the fall-related incident.
- Understand guardrails, handrails, and related items.
- Understand working safely with ladders and stairways.
- Understand working safely while working at various other heights.
- Three types of Personal Fall Protection Systems (PFPS)
- Body Harness
- Connecting Devices
- Skills to be Mastered
- What Happens After You Fall
- Planning for a Fall
- Walking, Working Surfaces
- Falling Objects
- Fixed Industrial Stairs