Designed to be interactive, with participants joining others and forming teams to brainstorm ideas and solutions to some of the everyday problems found in business and industry in terms of occupational safety and health. With a focus on hazard awareness, hazard mitigation, and root cause analysis, participants will discover various means to correct issues and improve workplace safety culture.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand legal requirements such as OSHA regulations and ANSI standards.
- Understand hazard recognition process and methods.
- Understand investigation process.
- Understand how to identify and categorize hazards.
- Understand risk and its relationship to hazards and probability.
- Understand root cause and various methods to determine root cause.
- Understand the 5 Why Process.
- Work together in groups/teams to identify hazards, analyze risks, determine root causes, and find solutions for mitigation.
- Properly assess the workplace for hazards.
- Improve the safety culture of an organization through proper hazard mitigation, risk assessment, and employee accountability.
- Hazard Risk Overview
- Hazard/Risk Tolerance Exercise
- Hazard Causes Overview: 5 Why Analysis
- Hazard Causes Exercise
- Finding and Mitigating Hazards – Tabletop
- Finding and Mitigating Hazards – Field Exercise
- Analysis of Field Exercise