Designed for participants that have already taken the HAZWOPER 40 or HAZWOPER 24 course and wish to maintain their HAZWOPER training status/certification. The HAZWOPER refresher course is required each year under the provisions of 29 CFR 1910.120, OSHA’s standard which regulates hazardous waste operations and emergency response. All major topics covered in the original training will be reviewed. In addition, new regulations and environmental laws pertaining to hazardous waste operations and emergency response will be introduced.
Upon completion of this course a student will be re-familiarized with:
- Concepts surrounding the safe assessment and response to chemical spills and other emergencies that have the potential for exposure to and handling of hazardous materials and situations.
- Execution of Incident Command Systems.
- Execution of proper HAZWOPER emergency response protocols, including donning and doffing personal protective equipment.
- Execution of proper decontamination protocols.
- Hazardous Waste Operations Background Review
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Material Handling
- Incident Command System Review
- Personal Protective Equipment Review
- Compressed Gases Safety
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Safety
- Decontamination Review
- Hands-on Exercises/Response Scenario