Hydraulic Fundamentals & Troubleshooting
Industrial Maintenance & Technology
Provides the fundamental principles of hydraulics, hydraulic safety, and hydraulic troubleshooting. The course reinforces the principles with hands-on circuit building activities as well as troubleshooting activities. Using state-of-the-art trainers, participants are introduced to hydraulic system components and taught the proper and safe way to set up and troubleshoot these components.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the hazards associated with Hydraulic Systems.
- Identify hydraulic components along with the symbols that represent them in a hydraulic circuit diagram.
- Build hydraulic circuits and set up operating parameters of the components in the circuit.
- Safely and accurately troubleshoot hydraulic systems using a systematic approach.
- Hydraulic Safety
- Basic Hydraulic Laws and Principles
- Pressure Control Valves
- Hydraulic Pumps and Closed-loop Systems
- Check Valves, Accumulators, and Actuators
- Reservoirs, Coolers, Hoses, and Connectors
- Directional Control Valves
- Flow Control Valves
- Hands on circuit building activities
- Troubleshooting hydraulic pumps
- Troubleshooting pressure control valves
- Troubleshooting directional control valves
- Troubleshooting check valves
- Troubleshooting cylinders
- Troubleshooting hydraulic motors
- Hands on troubleshooting activities