Industrial Electricity Fundamentals
Covering common electrical systems found in manufacturing and industrial settings this class provides a more advanced study of DC, and AC electrical concepts and principles with an emphasis on 3-phase power. This course covers transformers, capacitor banks, motor operations, motor feeder, branch circuits, and NEC codes. Note: Knowledge or completion of a basic electrical class are a requirement of this class.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the working principles behind many 3-phase devices
- Comprehend wiring diagrams and schematics
- Analyze and troubleshoot DC and AC circuits.
- Apply the codes in the electrical wiring of industrial applications.
- Test motors, transformer types, and test for input and output voltage.
- Conductors and Overcurrent Protection Devices (OCPD)
- Basic Circuit Connections
- Magnetism, Solenoids
- AC circuits
- Inductance and Capacitance
- Power Distribution Systems
- DC- Motors
- Single Phase- Motors
- Three-Phase Motors
- Troubleshooting Electric Motors
- Motor Protection