Instrumentation : Introduction to Pressure Measurement
$395 per person
This introductory course on basic pressure instrumentation process measurement will provide students with a review of pressure measurement and control for processes including symbols, terminologies and technologies needed to work in the field. Understanding a pressure loop and P&ID and basic wiring techniques will be covered along with how instruments communicate. Students will be exposed to hands-on training utilizing pressure gauges, differential pressure transmitters, valves, and pressure drops across valves. All transmitters are Endress Hauser and support the HART communication protocol. The class will be a combination of classroom and hands-on training utilizing the ATN Instrumentation Mobile Training Unit with a working process with on-line instrumentation and controls.
This course requires a prerequisite: Introduction to Instrumentation.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the different methods of operation of pressure measurement.
- Install, setup and check pressure loops per a P&ID.
- Overview of common pressure elements.
- Know the difference between pressure gauges, gauge pressure, absolute pressure, and vacuum pressure and differential pressure.
- Install and use pressure switch.
- Install and use pressure transmitters.
- Be familiar with the basic principles of operation of a typical differential pressure transmitter – setup, impulse lines and bleeding, and configuration.
- Use Hart 475 Communicator to configure Endress Hauser Differential Pressure Transmitters.
- Be familiar with a Fluke pressure calibrator.
- Introduction to Pressure Measurement Fundamentals
- The basics of pressure – gauge pressure, absolute pressure, vacuum pressure
- Pressure measurement
- Introduction to pressure transmitters
- Introduction to and configuration of Endress Hauser differential pressure transmitter using the HART communicator
- Differential Pressure Measurement
- Pressure Drops
- Use of Control Valves
- Understanding P&ID and installing/setup/basic wiring of a pressure loop