Introduction to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
This overview covers the common Product Quality Planning and Control Plan guidelines described in the APQP manual issued by AIAG and referenced in the IATF 16949 Quality Management System standard. These guidelines lead to a designed Quality Plan from the Product Quality Planning Cycle that emphasizes up-front planning and evaluation of process output for customer satisfaction and continual improvement. This class will assist engineers, technicians, managers and others in establishing a process for developing control plans for new or existing processes, products or services.
- Review of basic steps for APQP:
- Plan & Define
- Product design
- Process Variation
- Feedback, Assessment & Corrective Action
- Control Plan Methodology
- APQP Goals and Benefits
- Controls Plan Methodology
- Voice of the Customer (Customer needs and expectations)
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone involved in managing, planning, designing, or implementing new product designs and corresponding manufacturing processes.