Introduction to Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA-VDA)
With many organizations looking to continually improve products and processes whenever possible, using Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) as a disciplined technique to identify and help minimize potential problems is as important as ever. This class uses the AIAG-VDA automotive FMEA-VDAS manual (copy of FMEA manual included in materials) as a reference to teach how effective implementation of FMEA techniques can help reduce customer complaints, improve corrective actions, steer preventive actions and continual improvements, along with assisting in APQP activities.
- Origination of FMEA-VDA
- What is FMEA?
- FMEA Implementation- When and How
- Types of FMEA
- What are the benefits of using FMEA
- Prerequisites for FMEA
- Systematic Approach to FMEA
- How to properly develop FMEA’s
- Severity, Occurrence, and Detection rankings
Who Should Attend:
- Personnel who have responsibilities in FMEA and advanced quality planning teams
- Anyone involved in submitting production products for customer approval
- Engineers and Technicians who have responsibilities in developing new processes or improving existing production or manufacturing processes
- Automotive suppliers who need a basic understanding of FMEA to satisfy industry requirements