OSHA 30 Construction
Expands the scope of the 10 hour certification and includes more hands-on exercises on related topics. This course is designed to increase your employee’s and supervisors’ knowledge of the OSHA rules and regulations that apply to them. This 30 hour course provides a comprehensive, in-depth look at OSHA’s 29 CFR Construction Industry Standards and details the applicable safety and health regulations to the affected participants. This training course will be administered by qualified instructors that are authorized through the OSHA Outreach Training Program. Each participant will receive an OSHA 30 hour certification card from the Department of Labor upon completion of the course.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand legal requirements from OSHA and how to navigate the OSHA Standards.
- Identify various safety and health hazards in the construction industry.
- Understand hierarchy of controls for eliminating hazards and protecting employees, including the proper usage of personal protective equipment.
- Understand OSHA’s Focus Four for the construction industry.
- Recognize health hazards in the construction industry and mitigation techniques.
- Assess and work safely with hand tools.
- Recognize material handling hazards and ways to control risks associated with them, including mechanical and powered equipment used to handle such.
- Understand the hazards associated with trenching and excavations, as well as ways to protect employees working in those areas.
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with working at height and ways to protect employees and prevent falls.
- Understand the legal requirements for scaffolding and the importance of proper scaffold construction.
- OSHA – Background & General Coverage/ Introduction to OSHA Standards
- OSHA Focus Four - Fall Protection, Electrical, Struck By, and Caught in/between
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment
- Health Hazards in Construction, i.e. Noise, Hazard Communication, and Silica
- Materials Handling, Storage, Use and Disposal
- Tools - Hand and Power
- Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators, and Conveyors
- Stairways and Ladders
*Any other topic covered in 29 CFR 1926 may be substituted upon agreement with ATN and within the guidelines of OSHA’s Outreach Training Institutes (OTI). The 30-hour course includes many of the same topics as the 10-hour course but is conducted with much more comprehension and depth to include hands-on exercises on related topics, as well as the ability to add additional topics as desired, upon agreement.