An introduction to piping and plumbing systems, fittings, components, and tools. Topics include fittings and components, tools, connection types, pipe threading, layout, determining the lengths for pipe sections, and tube bending.
At the end of this course the student should be familiar with:
- Piping and Plumbing drawings and symbols, methods of instillation, tools used and how to layout cuts for saddle and other joints.
- Introduction to piping systems
- metal piping
- non-metal piping
- Methods of installation
- common and special valves
- strainers, filters and traps
- Piping and Plumbing Drawings
- Piping Symbols and Diagrams
- Piping and Plumbing Tools
- Pipe threading
- Pipe layout templates and layout procedures
- Tube bending