Powered Industrial Trucks
This course is designed to provide both classroom and hands-on training for powered industrial truck (forklift) operators. The focus of this course is on safe operations, working environments, & equipment inspections, while understanding and complying with the regulatory requirements of OSHA, ANSI, and other relevant bodies, as well as instituting best practices among industries.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand legal requirements such as OSHA regulations and ANSI standards.
- Understand various types of powered industrial trucks (PITs).
- Understand training requirements.
- Identify various parts of a PIT.
- Distinguish between PITs and Automobiles.
- Understand operating restrictions such as visibility, driving surfaces, operating environments, etc.
- Understand hazards while operating near pedestrians and other mobile equipment.
- Understand the importance of pre-operational inspections.
- Understand capacity, balance, stability, steering, etc.
- Understand hazards associated with racking and stacking operations.
- Understand attachment and modification hazards.
- Refuel and recharge equipment safely and efficiently.
- Fundamentals of Operating Lift Trucks
- Pre-Operational Inspections
- Safe Operating Guidelines
- Balance, Stability, Capacity
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Refueling and Recharging
- Hands-On Exercises