Powered Industrial Trucks
Designed to provide both classroom and hands-on training for powered industrial truck (forklift) operators. The focus of this course is on safe operations, working environments, and equipment inspections, while understanding and complying with the regulatory requirements of OSHA, ANSI, and other relevant bodies, as well as instituting best practices among industries.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand legal requirements such as OSHA regulations and ANSI standards.
- Understand various types of powered industrial trucks (PITs).
- Understand training requirements.
- Identify various parts of a PIT.
- Distinguish between PITs and Automobiles.
- Understand operating restrictions such as visibility, driving surfaces, operating environments, etc.
- Understand hazards while operating near pedestrians and other mobile equipment.
- Understand the importance of pre-operational inspections.
- Understand capacity, balance, stability, steering, etc.
- Understand hazards associated with racking and stacking operations.
- Understand attachment and modification hazards.
- Refuel and recharge equipment safely and efficiently.
- Fundamentals of Operating Lift Trucks
- Pre-Operational Inspections
- Safe Operating Guidelines
- Balance, Stability, Capacity
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Refueling and Recharging
- Hands-On Exercises