Provides a broad overview of pump systems as well as in-depth information on operation and maintenance of pump systems. Topics include safety, pump basics and terminology, pump courseification, pump curves, pump seals, life expectancy, and maintenance.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand lockout/tagout considerations and recognize hazards associated with pump systems.
- Know the general classification of pumps and be familiar with various types of both Positive-Displacement and Non Positive-displacement pumps.
- Understand pump performance curves and recognize pump cavitation, air entrainment and the consequences of dead-heading pumps.
- Disassemble, inspect and reassemble various types of pumps. We will also briefly discuss pump life expectancy considerations.
- Pump Safety
- Lock out Tag out and Hazard Recognition
- Pumping Concepts of Operation
- Pumping Basics and Terminology
- Pump Classification
- Positive Displacement, Dynamic Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
- System Curves
- Pump Curves
- NPSH and Cavitation
- Positive Displacement Pumps
- Rotary Pumps
- Reciprocating Pumps
- Multiple Pump Systems
- Pumps in Series
- Pumps in Parallel
- Pump Seals
- Pump Life Expectancy
- Pump Inspection and Maintenance – Teardown/Rebuild various pumps