Pump Systems Training
This course provides a broad overview of pump systems as well as in-depth information on operation and maintenance of Centrifugal Pumps.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand lockout/tagout considerations and recognize hazards associated with pump systems.
- Know the general classification of pumps and be familiar with various types of both Positive-Displacement and Non Positive-displacement pumps.
- Understand pump performance curves and recognize pump cavitation, air entrainment and the consequences of dead-heading pumps.
- Disassemble, inspect and reassemble various types of pumps. We will also briefly discuss pump life expectancy considerations.
- Pump Safety
- Lock out Tag out and Hazard Recognition
- Pumping Concepts of Operation
- Pumping Basics and Terminology
- Pump Classification
- Positive Displacement, Dynamic Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
- System Curves
- Pump Curves
- NPSH and Cavitation
- Positive Displacement Pumps
- Rotary Pumps
- Reciprocating Pumps
- Multiple Pump Systems
- Pumps in Series
- Pumps in Parallel
- Pump Seals
- Pump Life Expectancy
- Pump Inspection and Maintenance – Teardown/Rebuild various pumps