Learn the fundamental principles of setup reduction. Setup is clearly defined. Both reasons for and barriers to reducing changeovers are presented. The course follows the principles outlined by Shigeo Shingo on Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED). Participants learn the standard methodology in applying SMED to any type of setup or industry. Includes a live simulation with hands-on experience in setup reduction.
- Understand how quick changeover/setup reduction supports Lean enterprise
- Understand key concepts related to quick changeover/setup reduction
- Learn the principles of SMED
- Apply quick changeover principles by using a standard approach
- Learn to apply SMED using a disciplined, visual process of documentation and improvement
- Experience a team approach to quick changeover/setup reduction
- Learn how quick changeover/setup reduction can be applied to support functions throughout the value chain
The class features a hands-on simulated factory where participants will experience first hand the benefits of quick changeover/setup reduction by applying the lecture concepts, standardizing improvements and measuring the impact.