Industrial Maintenance & Technology
Participants will learn basic alignment, applications, techniques, and equipment used. In the lecture portion of the course, participants will learn about various couplings, problems they may encounter during alignment, and the different equipment they will use in the hands-on labs. Participants will use equipment such as straight edge, dial indicator, and lasers in the hands-on portion of the course.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Select and install the proper coupling on the equipment shafts.
- Check for issues that may impeded proper alignment of the equipment.
- Set up and use selected equipment to align various shafts.
- Rigid Couplings
- Flexible Couplings
- Mechanical Flexible Couplings
- Material Flexible Couplings
- Equipment Preparation
- Dial Indicators
- Shaft and Coupling Runout
- Soft Foot
- Alignment Methods
- Alignment Sequence
- Temperature Considerations
- Rim and Face Alignment
- Reverse Dial Alignment
- Laser Alignment