$195 per person
This course provides a review and practical application of mathematical concepts particularly as they are used in the trades.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand mathematical concepts for various industries with emphasis on practical applications.
- Determine areas of surfaces and volumes of various shapes.
- Work with fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Take measurements using a machinists rule, architect’s scale and tape measures etc.
- Use feet and inches, fractional inches and metric measurements.
- In the least an introduction of right-angle trig.
- Computing area
- Computing volume
- Converting units
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions
- Working with mixed fractions
- Simplifying Fractions
- Least common multiple and lowest common denominator
- Inches and fractional inches
- Inches and thousandths
- Metric Measurements