Siemmens S7-300 PLC Intro
This course is designed to give students a solid understanding of the National Electrical Code’s standards for electrical installation and safety. The course will focus on some of the basic theories involved with understanding electrical circuits and components, as well as provide methods of utilizing tables in the NEC to perform calculations for proper sizing of conductors and electrical equipment for installation.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Have an understanding of electrical code requirements.
- Utilize NEC tables and formulas for sizing and installation of electrical equipment.
- Electrical theory: Ohms Law, Series, and Parallel Circuits
- Conductor sizing
- Voltage Drop requirements
- Box + Conduit fill
- GFCI’s, AFCI’s
- Motor sizing calculations
- Grounding and Bonding
- Single-phase transformer calculations
- Three phase transformer calculations
- Service calculations
- NEC updates