Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
$149 per person
TPM is a productivity maintenance improvement methodology designed to maximize equipment efficiency. TPM involves everyone - from top executives to shop floor employees. Participants learn how to proactively maintain machines and equipment at peak productivity. In addition, a simulation is used to provide “hands-on” application of the tools and techniques used. Students go away with an understanding of TPM, the 6 major equipment-related losses, and the eight steps to autonomous maintenance. The class also explains how TPM increases overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and how it can help avoid interruptions to production.
- Explain how TPM process is integrated with other Lean tools
- Define TPM
- Show how TPM fosters improvement efforts in safety, quality, delivery, cost, and creativity by all employees
- Gather and analyze Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) data to determine equipment constraints
- Define the six major equipment-related losses and how to minimize them in order to increase OEE
- Apply aspects of TPM to simulation
The class features a hands-on simulation using equipment where participants will experience the benefits of TPM by applying the lecture concepts and measuring the impact.