Emotional intelligence is a powerful component of effective leadership. It’s the ability to recognize and positively manage emotions in yourself, others, and among groups. People with a high degree of emotional intelligence know what they're feeling, what their emotions mean, and how these emotions can affect other people. To successfully lead others requires building emotional intelligence. This skill, sometimes referred to as Emotional IQ, or EQ, is the ability to understand how and why people relate and react to situations the way they do. In this course, you'll learn about emotional intelligence and the common characteristics shared by emotionally intelligent leaders. You will learn about the value of emotions and how they affect working relationships. You will also learn how to develop personal emotional intelligence skills like self-awareness and self-regulation.
• Receive and analyze feedback using an emotional intelligence assessment
• Understand emotional intelligence and why it’s becoming increasingly important for leadership
• Use emotional intelligence to improve leadership and build more effective relationships
• Learn tips and tactics to improve emotional intelligence – in yourself and among groups
• Leverage emotional intelligence in managing difficult discussions
• Improve personal and organizational resilience
• Understanding the affect of Daniel Goleman’s key elements; Self-awareness, Self-regulation, Motivation, Empathy and Social skills