OSHA 10-Hour General Industry
$195 per person
This course is designed to increase your employee’s and Supervisor's awareness of the OSHA rules and regulations that apply to them. This day and a half course provides an overview of OSHA’s 29 CFR General Industry Standards and details the applicable Safety and Health regulations to the affected employees of your facility. This training course will be administered by instructors that are authorized through the OSHA Outreach Training Program. Each participant will receive an OSHA 10-hour certification card from the Department of Labor and an ATN training certificate upon completion of the course. Training will cover guidelines set forth by standard OSHA safety and health guidelines and regulations.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand legal requirements from OSHA, including reporting and recordkeeping requirements, OSHA inspection and investigation protocols, citation and abatement responsibilities, and related topics.
- Identify various safety and health hazards in the workplace.
- Understand hierarchy of controls for eliminating hazards and protecting employees.
- Communicate properly hazards to others, particularly with chemicals and materials utilized in the workplace.
- Understand ways to prepare for and respond to emergency situations.
- Understand the importance of fitting the workplace to the employee to better accommodate their needs and help them work more safely.
- Understand boundary requirements and needs between employees and equipment in the workplace, including guarding methods, energy isolation methods, and other means of protection.
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with working at height and ways to protect employees and prevent falls.
- OSHA – Background & General Coverage/ Introduction to OSHA Standards
- OSHA Citations/Inspections/Penalties / OSHA Record Keeping Requirements
- Walking Working Surfaces / Fall Protection
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection
- Electrical / Lockout Tagout
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hazard Communication (HAZCOM)
- Machine Guarding*
- Hazardous Materials*
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene*
*These are the standard topics delivered; however, sections 7-10 of this course have optional topics that can be substituted upon agreement with ATN and within the guidelines of OSHA’s Outreach Training Institutes (OTI).